Wednesday, March 28, 2012
John's second scope is scheduled for 7am tomorrow.
We will find out in about a week (or less) if John's disease is in remission or not. Having been on nothing but the elemental formula for as long as we have he should be clear of all eosinophils. He has still been having some symptoms but they could be related to other things such as swallowing too much air, eating too fast, or it could be that his stomach isn't emptying like it should.
If everything comes back clear we will have to figure out what it is that's causing him to still throw up occasionally. But we will also get the green light for food trials!! YAY!!
If the scope does not come back clear then I guess that will mean that John has a more severe case and he is being effected by the environment. Smelling food, touching food, that sort of thing. That probably isn't the case because that is rare but it is possible. John's Dr is very confident that his scope will come back clear.
This is Dr. Markowitz
We are leaving tonight when Doug get's home from work to drive to Greenville since we have to be at the hospital at 7am!!
Then we get the wonderful job of sending our son off with strange nurses and sitting to wait.... and wait....
I want to give a shout out to my support group! I seriously have NO IDEA how I would deal with all of this with out you. I appreciate you guys more than you can know!
2 of the Moms and their kids from our EOS Support Group
I hope I will be reporting back in about a week with some amazing news!!!