Monday, July 23, 2012
John has been having GI issues since we started the apple trial. Normally just stopping the food that is causing the symptoms is enough to clear up the symptoms in a short period of time. Sometimes that alone isn't enough and a round of steroids is needed to knock it out.
Dr M had discussed the possibility that John has a motility issue. Meaning his stomach doesn't empty quickly enough so food sits in his stomach readily available to come back up. Since we had stopped the apples and John was still having issues Dr. M decided to try an antibiotic to help with the motility issue.
We've been on the antibiotic for three days now and he has gotten a lot worse.
I called Dr. M today to let him know and he wants to see John on Wednesday and put him on the schedule to have a scope done on Thursday morning.
He will take another biopsy and check to see if there is a build up of eosinophils.
I will post again when we have news.
Until then, I'll leave you with some pictures from John's 19 month photo shoot.